Your browser is out-of-date!

For a richer surfing experience on our website, please update your browser. Update my browser now!

×

History

Here is the Saga made of great vision and sheer determination. Soon after India’s independence, Elecon starting making it's presence felt in industrial scenario in most productive and enriching manner. This process has its root as far back as 1951.

A small beginning, that was destined to have a glorious present and spectacular future was made in 1951 in Bombay by a dynamic visionary late Shri Ishwarbhai B Patel. A small firm indigenously manufacturing conveying equipments started spreading its wings in the area so far unexplored, resulting in valuable savings in foreign exchange outflow. With obvious increase in business operations, it was converted into a Private Limited Company on 11th January 1960.

On formation of a separate Gujarat State in May 1960, with a view to contribute towards the development of home-land Gujarat, Elecon shifted its base to Vallabh Vidaynagar, and became a Public Limited Company soon after.

Elecon, today has a wide spectrum of products like

 

  • Helical  / Bevel  Helical Gears 
  • Planetary Gears 
  • Worm reduction Gears units 
  • Couplings and 
  • Gear boxes for highly specialized and precision applications 
  • Belt Conveyors
  • Stacker-cum-Reclaimers
  • Pusher Cars
  • Idlers
  • Pulleys

With the best people, process and products, Elecon has nationally been acclaimed as the indisputable leader with groundbreaking technological laurels to its credits. Growing by each passing moment, this engineering giant of the India has spread its wings to touch new frontiers in world market for quality gears. As a matter of fact, repetitive order and ceaseless new contracts from its ever increasing clientele not only in India but abroad also has put Elecon on a eminent place globally. Its experience, expertise and excellence are able to match any demand. Always to move toward a glorious future, Elecon has remained “Gearing The Future “ .

The company has gone a long way from a moderate beginning at Goregaon in Bombay, in the early fifties to a sprawling workshop area spanning over 1,17,051 sq. mtr. The present manufacturing facilities are equipped with latest computerized machine tools, and quality control equipments.

After dawn of its Sliver Jubilee Year in 1976, Elecon set up a separate Gear Division, having an area, spread 1,73,098 sq. mtr., equipped with state of the art manufacturing infrastructure. The Gear Division today, provides a total solution to industries for power transmission equipments by designing, supplying and servicing products like – Worm Gears, Helical Gears, Sprial Bevel Helical Gears and different types of Couplings.

A team of experts is geared up to serve customers for Specialized Gear requirement for various applications like Steel Rolling Mills, Marine application for Coast Guard, Space Applications etc. This Division has recently specialized in developing speed increasing application for Windmills as well.

Elecon has also set up an Alternate Energy Division in the year 1995 for manufacturing and supply of Wind Turbine Generators – a non – conventional source of producing energy. Under the technical know-how obtained from a Belgium Company

  Brief History of Gear Division
2016
ELECON received the biggest order from Indian Navy
2015
Longest Pipe Conveyor installed successfully at Manikgarh Cement, India
2013
Commissioned an ultra-modern manufacturing facility, the Bhanubhai Memorial Centre of Excellence (BMCE)  
2011
Launched brand ambassador "STACKY RECLAIMY" & "ROLLY GEARRY" for ELECON MHE & Gear division
2010
1st International Acquisition by ELECON of UK based Benzlers & Radicon Group
2008
Collaboration with M/S. Haisung Industrial System Co. Ltd., South Korea
1999
Prestigious Order From Indian Navy – “CODOG” Gear Box
1998
Developed Lift Gear Box - TM 500 Model for M/S. Kinetic Transportation Products Ltd. (Indian counter part of Hyundai Elevator Co., Korea)
1994
First Gear Company received ISO Certificate in India
1992
Collaboration with Renk AG continues. Collaboration with SIME France for Hydrokinetic Fluid Couplings
1985
First Export order from EGAT, Thailand
Collaboration with Renk AG, Germany for
  • High Speed Gearboxes
  • Bucket wheel & Slewing Planetary Gearboxes
1976
Foundation of ELECON-GEAR Division (New Setup for Gear Manufacturing)
1975
Collaboration with WGW (TGW) Thyssen Getribe Works for Sprial Bevel & Helical Gearboxes
1974
India’s Biggest MHE Order From Neyveli lignite
1969
Collaboration with Alfred Wiseman for Worm Gear Box
1967
First Stacker cum reclaimer machine was installed in Year 1967 at Santaldih TPS, WBSEB and worked well for 45 years
1963
Installation of India's first CNC Machine at Elecon
1961
ELECON became a Public Limited Company
1951
Elecon was established to manufacture elevators and conveyors (Elecon) in Bombay, now Mumbai